Community involvement has been a part of the Progressions mission since day one. Our goal has always been to be the kind of business that is able to give back to the community and use our business presence to make a difference and promote positive change, in the world and in our local community. For this reason, we actively participate in a variety of local and national charities.
One charity we are particularly passionate about helping is the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH). Every year our Progressions team is honored to participate in the annual fundraiser for MCCH in order to promote the end of veteran homelessness in Montgomery County.
The reward comes for us when we see that at the end of a drive, we’ve collected hundreds of backpacks worth of school supplies to be given to kids through the NCHF, or when we’re able to brighten the day and provide some stress relief to the parent of a sick child at the Children’s Inn, by performing hands-on salon and spa services.
And no Holiday season would be complete at Progressions without our annual food drives, coat drive, or our Angel Tree, through which we raise awareness about homeless youth while collecting gifts for at-risk teens, to assure that they’re not left out of gift-giving. And every year, our guests just blow us away with their generosity; we could not have more amazing guests!
The Progressions team prides itself on giving back, in our community and our craft, which is why we were thrilled to win the Salon Today 200 Philanthropy award in 2016 and Cindy Feldman, Progressions’ owner, recently accepted the election to sit on the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) advisory board for the upcoming term, where she will be an advocate for salon owners throughout the country.
CAUSES WE SUPPORT:
- Hairdressers Helping Hairdressers
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Race for the Cure
- Dash for Dads
- Care For Kids
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Keen Fest
- North Bethesda Transportation Center–Bike to Work
- Joy of Motion–License to Dance
- US Open Championship
- HOC Warren Lasko Memorial School Supply Drive
- Mental Health Associates
- Give the Gift of Sight
- Locks of Love
- The Louisiana Himalaya Association
- Food and Friends of Washington, D.C.
- Har Tzeon Agudath Achim
- The Katherine Thomas School
- Children’s Hospital Foundation
- National Center for Children and Families
- Saint Bernadette School
- Children’s National Medical Center
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Art and Soul of Learning
- Manna Food Center
- Kensington Nursery School
- Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
- Child Assessment Center
- Rockville Community Nursery School
- International Campaign for Tibet
- Viers Mill Elementary School
- St. Raphael Nursery School
- Watershed Center for Ceramic Arts
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF)
- SHARE – Spreading Hope & Restoration Everywhere
- Girls on the Run – GOTR
- American Parkinson’s Optimism